In this day and age of smart cars and computerized vehicles, a lot of people are left wondering whether a car tune up service still holds as much value in terms of car maintenance as before. Although cars today are smarter and incorporate more advanced technologies, the underlying mechanisms remain the same. Taking your vehicle in to the auto service center for periodic tune-ups is still a vital part of car maintenance that you should never overlook. Exactly what does a tune-up do for your vehicle? Here are ways that taking your vehicle to Wayne’s Automotive and Towing Center for a car tune up service can help you preserve your car’s optimum performance:
- Increased fuel efficiency – When your car is new, you get the full benefits of its marketed miles per gallon. Over time, however, vehicles lose their fuel efficiency because of a worked up engine. In fact, something as minor as a dirty or clogged air filter can reduce your fuel efficiency by up to 20%. When you take your car to an auto service center for regular maintenance, you get the advantage of better performance and power because you keep your engine in top shape.
- Better reliability – Regular car service also allows you greater peace of mind that you won’t end up stuck on the roadside because of a breakdown. Tune-ups help keep your car reliable, no matter its age.
- Reduced emissions – Comprehensively tuned-up cars also benefit from reduced emissions because they help reduce the pollutants and toxic fumes that your engine produces. This means reducing your carbon footprint and helping conserve the environment.
- Enhanced resale value – Regular car tune up service looks good on your vehicle’s history, which can be extremely helpful when you want to resell. Buyers are more likely to buy a vehicle with a detailed record of all routine services performed on a car.
- Greater resilience – Tune-ups also help maintain a stronger and more resilient vehicle. A properly maintained car will not have as many mechanical problems that can cost you a great deal of money in repairs and component replacements. Regular maintenance helps you increase your car’s efficiency and performance, as well as its resiliency against breakdowns.
- Safer trips – Finally, regular maintenance helps you have much safer road trips because driving around in a poorly maintained vehicle can be extremely dangerous – not only to your
safety,but also the safety of other motorists on the road.